Please note: Our application for the 2023-2024 academic year will take place on a separate online platform via our new student information system and will open on October 1st. We invite you to review our application requirements and process below, but ask that all 2023-2024 applicants check back after October 1st for more details on beginning the application. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to complete our online inquiry form or email email@example.com to learn more about The Academy and schedule a visit!
- Complete a Campus Visit Day
- Submit application form, essays, applicant photo and fee by February 15, 2021. Essays may be submitted via the form below or separately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Parent and student essay prompts are listed below and at the end of our application form.
- Description of prospective student by parent(s): Describe your child as objectively as possible. Please comment on strengths and weaknesses both at home and at school. What special abilities and/or challenges does your child have? What do you hope The Academy will be able to do for your child?
- Applicant Essay: Describe yourself as objectively as possible. How would you describe your personality? What kind of student are you, taking into consideration your different classes? What interests do you have both in and out of school? How do you see yourself in relationship both to your peers and adults? From what you know about The Academy, why do you think it is the right school for you?
- $50.00 application fee payable in one of two ways:
- A check made payable to The Academy at Charlemont and mailed to us at Admissions Office, The Academy at Charlemont, 1359 Route 2, Charlemont, MA 01339 (please note applicant name and “application fee” in the memo line), or
- An online payment made with a credit or debit card
- School Records (transcript or report cards and all testing/evaluation records) sent directly to The Academy from the current school
- English Teacher Recommendation sent directly to The Academy from the teacher
- Math Teacher Recommendation sent directly to The Academy from the teacher
- For home schooled students: submit course records or other documentation to support requested grade placement, by mail or by email