Timeline & Forms
Please note: Our application for the 2023-2024 academic year will take place on a separate online platform via our new student information system and will open in October. We invite you to review our application requirements and process below, but ask that all 2023-2024 applicants check back soon for more details on beginning the application. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to complete our online inquiry form or email email@example.com to learn more about The Academy and schedule a visit!
Steps for Applying
Step 1: Is the Academy the right school for you? Look over the website. Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages. Call or email the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill in an online inquiry form. Attend an Open House. However it is that you hear about our school, we look forward to hearing from you!
Step 2: If you like what you learn about the school, arrange to spend the day. Talk with students, visit classes, have an interview, ask questions.
Step 3: Complete an application through our online application. In addition to our general application form, application requirements include:
- Our Student Essay (please see application for prompt)
- Our Parent Essay (please see application for prompt)
- A Student Interview (often completed on a campus visit day)
- A Parent Interview (often completed on a campus visit day)
- Reference of a Current Math Teacher (teachers should complete the form linked here)
- Reference of a Current English Teacher (teachers should complete the form linked here)
- School records/transcripts (please submit linked PDF directly to sending school)
Our regular initial deadline for completed admissions applications is February 15, and families who apply by this date receive admissions decisions no later than March 15th. We’re happy to meet prospective students and accept applications on a rolling basis thereafter, as space allows.
Step 4: If your family is interested in financial aid, the deadline for applying is February 15, and we suggest visiting our page on Affording The Academy for more information. A completed online application and a copy of the previous year’s tax return are required. Financial aid may still be granted for applications completed after the deadline.
Step 5: Decisions for applications submitted by February 15th are shared by March 15th. If you are accepted, we ask that you and your family notify us by April 10th of your intention to join the Academy community. A deposit of 10% of your net tuition or $1,000 (whichever is greater) will hold your place.
- Visit campus: September – January (Open Houses are generally held in October and December)
- Application Deadline: February 15 (rolling admissions thereafter)
- Financial Aid Application Deadline: February 15 (or March 1, for decision notification by March 25th)
- Acceptance Notification: Decisions will be sent by March 15
- Financial Aid Awards: Financial Aid packages are shared alongside acceptance letters by March 15th
- New Student Commitment and Tuition Deposit: April 10
The Academy will consider applications received after the regular deadline as space allows.