Sequence of Study
The Academy operates on a 16-week semester system. Most courses are yearlong, one-credit classes, though some are completed in one semester with an equivalent number of classroom hours. Because Humanities includes both English and History, students earn two credits. Half-credit courses meet for the full amount of weekly classroom hours but for only one semester. Students earn a minimum of 5 credits per year.
The following examples represent typical course enrollments for each grade, by year. Click on course names to view a description.
Senior School Graduation Requirements
- Four years of Humanities (interdisciplinary English and History)
- Four years of Laboratory Science
- Four years of Mathematics
- Four years of a world language
- Senior Independent Project
- Latin I