The Rees Reading Room
The Academy at Charlemont Library (The Rees Reading Room) is dedicated to being a dynamic center for inquiry and learning by providing resources to support the curriculum, enhance personal development, and to encourage the pleasure of reading and learning.
To further that mission the library has been digitized! A new era is upon us, and things are changing. Students and faculty now check out books by scanning their individual library cards and the barcodes assigned to each book in our library. They can also search our collection online.
To search The Academy at Charlemont’s Library catalog, click here. Login: Charlemont, no password.
Public Libraries in Massachusetts belong to the CWMARS system. You can search for material in the entire CWMARS network or by a specific library. We encourage all students to get a library card from their local library and you will need one to access the CWMARS system. If a book is not available in the Academy’s or at your local library CWMARS will deliver it to your local library.
Links to Your Local Library
Most of the local libraries will also have a link to the CWMARS system.
- Amherst Public Libraries: Jones Library
- Ashfield: Belding Memorial Library
- Belchertown: Clap Memorial Library
- Buckland Public Library
- Charlemont: Tyler Memorial Library
- Chesterfield Public Library
- Colrain: Griswold Memorial Library
- Conway: Field Memorial Library
- Cummington: Bryant Free Library
- Deerfield: Tilton Library
- Florence: Lilly Library
- Florida Public Library
- Goshen Free Public Library
- Greenfield Public Library
- Hadley: Goodwin Memorial Library:
- Heath: Heath Free Public Library
- Northampton: Forbes Library
- Plainfield: Shaw Memorial Library
- Rowe Town Library
- Shelburne Falls: Arms Library Shelburne Falls Free Public Library
- South Hadley Public Library
- Town of Montague Library
- Whatley: S.White Dickinson Memorial Library
- Williamsburg: Meekins Public Library